1. Putting wine in a blender for 20 seconds is a method of aeration that soften the tannins in the wine and can make cheap wine taste amazing.
2. Your anxiety doesn’t come from thinking about the future, it comes from trying to control it.
3. If you dislike something because it’s popular, you are in fact letting pop culture dictate your tastes.
4. Runny nose? Push your tongue against the top of your mouth and push a finger between your eyebrows. Hold it for about 20 seconds… gone!
5. Focus on being the right person instead of finding the right person. When you do this, the right person will find their way in your life.
6. If you think it’s “gay” to do nice things for a girl you’re probably too immature for a relationship anyway.
7. Your shoes are much more important than you think. People draw many conclusions about a person based on what shoes they’re wearing.
8. Don’t mistreat people with a lot of patience. When it runs out, they’ll have a much harder time forgiving you.
1. Stop comparing yourself to others.
2. Stop putting yourself down, and attacking yourself with your own thoughts and words.
3. Don’t reject compliments. Instead of automatically brushing them off, recognise that what has been said is true.
4. Deliberately affirm yourself throughout the day with positive statements like “I am a valuable person; I am unique and have talents and gifts; I am likeable and loveable.”
5. Surround yourself with positive people who can see, and affirm, your worth and value. At the same time, avoid critical and negative people who get a kick out of putting others down.